With its large screen, your iPad is perfect for watching movies and TV shows. Matching footage is provided by Apple with the iTunes app via download. You can then watch downloaded movies without an internet connection, for example on the plane. But I recommend you to clean up the storage every now and then. You can find out how to do this in this article.
Movies and series are very easy to save on the iPad. Keep in mind, however, that video content in particular consumes a lot of storage space. An episode of a series can quickly claim a gigabyte of storage. I advise you to delete movies and TV shows that you have seen from the memory of your iPad.
How to delete movies and TV shows from your iPad
- Activate the default app "Settings" on the home screen of your iPad with a tap of your finger.
- Then decide on the left side of the screen for the entry "General".
- Then tap "Storage & iCloud Usage" on the right side of the screen.
- Then in the "Storage" area, tap the "Manage storage" entry with a tap.
- In the list of apps that appears on the screen, select the "Videos" entry.
- The screen will now display a list of all movies and series episodes stored in memory. Swipe from right to left over the entry you want to delete and then tap "Delete" to the right of the entry.
How to remove purchased music from your iPad
Because of the significantly smaller file size, it is not as efficient to erase music from the iPad, as it is the case with videos. However, individual songs often have a size around the ten MB. So the crowd does it when you clean up your music store.
- To erase music stored on your iPad, follow the instructions above until step 4. In step 5, instead of the "Videos" entry, choose "Music."
- Swipe your finger right over "All Tracks" and tap "Delete" to remove all locally stored songs from memory. Alternatively, remove individual titles using the same method.
Reactivate purchased content for free
If you want to transfer purchased content back to your iPad later, that's no problem. You can find your purchased movies on iTunes by tapping "Downloads" at the bottom of the screen. You can find music tracks in the app "Music". Your purchased titles are stored in Apple's iCloud and can be transferred back to your device at any time with a tap of the cloud icon to be available even without an Internet connection. Costs are incurred when re-downloading neither movies nor music.***